In Gothenburg alone around 1600 people don’t know where they are going to sleep tonight. Many are living in homelessness, poverty or abuse of some sort. Everyone has a different story but they all share the same sense of insecurity and social alienation.
Göteborgs Räddningsmissions goal is to raise awareness about and work against conditions in society leading to vulnerable and unsustainable living situations. By offering help to homeless people, EU-migrants, refugees, exposed women and much more they aim to create a warmer and safer Gothenburg. The motto is “everyone has the right to a dignified life”.
During 2016 Göteborgs Räddningsmission managed to
- Serve breakfast to 23826 people living in homelessness
- Offer 14 EU-migrants plus their families housing
- Meet 64 EU-migrant children between the age of 0-17 in their open daycare center
- Educate 350 young adults about the consequences of honor-related violence and genital mutilation
- Support 712 children with a family member in prison
- And much more